The long ridge called the Olšany Hill or Chateau used to be a popular place of frequent walks. Families with children came here to play endless games. Flying kites was a favourite pastime.
The north-eastern part of the hill is called Parukářka (the Wig Place according to Mr. Hrabánek’s wig and hairpiece factory), which was also the name of the original homestead hosting, from 1825, the ammunition factory casually called “the Caps Plant”. The French owners, Louis Sellier and Jean Bellot, chose the location for its remoteness – the production posed a considerable risk. The Sellier & Bellot was Žižkov’s biggest industrial enterprise for many years. In 1936 the company moved to a new plant near Vlašim for increased safety. New houses continued to be built within sight, or more aptly in range of the original caps plant.