The Department of Transport constitutes of 5 sections – Roads Office Section (this section issues various local road permits), Parking Section (issues parking cards), Road Network Section (deals with construction permits, announcements of construction concerning local roads, and access roads), Section of the Environment and Administration Fees Section (administrative procedures connected with violation of Traffic Code).
Address: Seifertova 51, Prague 3, tel. 420 222 116 403
Office hours: Monday, Wednesday: 8 a.m.–12 a.m. & 1 p.m. — 5 p.m.
- Client Center I., Milešovská 1 – Information center Prague 3 (nám. Jiřího z Poděbrad)
- Client Center II, Lipanská 9
Office Hours: Monday, Wednesday: 8 a.m.–12 a.m. & 1 p.m. — 5 p.m.
Paid Parking Zones in Prague 3
Paid parking zones are established all over the area of Prague 3. Orange Zone parking (max. 2 hours of parking) and Green Zone parking (max. 6 hours of parking) is paid by inserting coins into parking meters. These zones are subject to payment of parking fee from Sunday 5 p.m. to Friday 5 p.m., other times and daily from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. the parking is free.
Detailed parking rules and regulations and amounts of parking fees are stated on the parking meters. Blue zone (marked by blue lines) marks parking reserved for Prague 3 residents only. Cars parked in blue zones must have a valid parking sticker placed on the windscreen. Exception in blue zone parking is parking shorter than 3 minutes and parking from 06.00 a.m. – 08.00 a.m. when all vehicles are allowed to parking in blue zones.
Parking regulations are controlled by city police patrols. Violation of parking rules can result in parking fines and unauthorised vehicles could be towed away at owner’s expenses. Prague 3 permanent and long-term residents are entitled to purchase parking stickers for blue zone at Prague 3 Municipality on condition that residents present the following documents:
Documents required from foreign citizens residing in Prague 3:
1) Prove of permanent or long-term residence in Prague 3 (original document):
A) Foreign citizens and EU citizens residing in the Czech Republic:
- valid ID card or passport with permanent residence permit or valid ID card or passport with temporary stay or state border crossing report with confirmation of temporary stay on the back side of the document.
B) Third-country nationals – citizens of the states that are not members of EU residing in the Czech Republic:
- valid passport with a valid visa or passport and residence card.
2) Document proving legal relation to vehicle (original):
A) applicant is an owner of the vehicle:
- vehicles registered in the Czech Republic: vehicle registration (registration document, certificate of registration) of the vehicle concerned where the applicant is stated as an owner of the vehicle
- vehicles registered abroad: vehicle registration (registration document) of the vehicle concerned where the applicant is stated as an owner of the vehicle + official translation to Czech (not required if the original document is in Slovak language), signed by the owner of the vehicle confirming the validity of the data stated in the document.
B) other accepted legal relations to vehicle:
Leased vehicle, vehicle purchased through loan, vehicle with a long-term rental contract with rental car company, company vehicle for private use by employee of the company or member of the company board.
In cases as stated above the documents required in order to obtain the blue zone parking sticker are stated on our website Praha 3 - Zone of paid parking - link “Metodika DOP“. This website further shows:
- parking sticker price list
- map of zones with paid parking
- appointment form for filing an application for parking sticker
- further information